www.work4lr.com

Thursday, January 1, 2009

The Retro Journey Begins: A Poet’s Poetic Sojourn

That period again, the yuletide! Periods to retro twist your mind. Sober reflections, oh I must mention… The highs and lows, success, sorrows. I made the best of the Christmas day, an opportunity, I reckon, to sleep or play.
Then came, the call… Time for the mall. Great fun for all… Was thrilled for sure.

I lodged in a nice hotel in style, to cap the daylong freaky miles. Time for some snacks and drinks; unwind… Straight to the pool I went… Reclined. Now alone, mind-boggling zone, my head tries retro-life bemoan. I fought it off with tricks I mustered... Drinks! More drinks!! Oh what a cluster.

Made hurried friends to quench the drench, loneliness, I guess might be the trench. It worked… For a while, drinks, jokes and smiles, then came rainfall, all ran… The hall. The session continues… Unperturbed. Gibbering rubbish… Booboo galore. CNN reports from a tube above, seem quite so far, alcohol filled curve.

The news! The news!! Oh yes the news… Kept blaring in my ears… Enthused. I turned to stare with awesome glare… Message of hope, beyond compare.
Now I’m glued, to the newfound tube, contrasting news leaves me confused. Gradually it sank, I listened in, my eyes and ears in disbelieve. What news? What news??… You may enthuse, I leave your mind and thoughts to rouse.

So wrapped, I starred in space, transfixed, was set adrift on memory bliss. That force, that thing that led to drinks, hits me with ease, I can’t resist. The gist and jokes now seem so far, bewildered, a sultry world apart. Pictures unfold in space with ease, memories indeed, are made of these.

I saw the good, bad, ugly and sad… Uuuuh, it made me feel so glad. To think I’ve made it well this far… Hmmm, oh what a past I’ve had. It’s been so long, my devious self, I saw so clear, could touch and shelf. The “naughties”, the tricks… Deceitful spree… The “girl shy” tags… Giggles attack

Adrift I went in search for more, my past unfolds, just can’t repose. Oh wait!!! Did I just say “girl shy”??? That tickles my funny bones to cry. Get this; my love life I despise, it makes me moan and grin with fright. You know, half here, half there… To share??? Ok, I’ll let you in… Don’t flare!

I sink deep down my seat; with ease… A sip could wet my wholesome feel. My first love thrills rewound, revealed. This makes for awesome love retreat. Where do I start? So much to say, my first love maze before my face… “YOUR MALT DRINK SIR!!!” Waiter exclaimed… He jerks me back to life again.
... Personal Inspiration and Motivational Poetry Collection
On to the next episode: "The Mind Drift"

Epilogue:
A new concept in soulsearchpoetry for the year 2009. The first in a series tagged: “A poet's poetic sojourn” … retrospective soul searching revelation of a day in the life and times of an average, everyday contemporary poet trying to make a way in a world filled with life changing obstacles and distractions… subscribe, stay glued as I take you on a continous contour of mind trips… filled with suspense, thrills, trials and tribulations... successes and victories. Stay inspired… Be motivated… It’s all in you. Happy New Year!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kudos on your write....I like that concept, keeps you creative

Freddie said...

Thx drktearz... enjoyed ur blog too ;)