www.work4lr.com

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Confessions: A poet’s Poetic Sojourn

The lights were dimmed but I could see… The frame, that face… Just like my dreams. She lay supreme in red satin… Oh my! This girl has come to kill. Her Hair and lovely skin reflects… The mellow rays the lamps project. Radiance, aglow… Name it… She’s dope. No room for gloom… Perform? You Snoop!!!

Oh, by the way, kudos!!!... Must say. “He” surely did his best this day… Good work Mad Paul… Was so impressed! Great songs, right mood… I must confess. Now on to where I was and then… Now where was I? Em… Um … Oh yeah!!! The room… I’m trapped within… no ruse. Just face to face... Destiny looms!

Perplexed, I struggled with the door, just trying to buy some time for sure. Alluring voice… “Come here, don’t fret”… Gave in… Exhaled … I turned… Oh heck!!! “Sit here”… She points a space by her… I drift and shift till we were latched. Persists… Resist… the mind game starts… Questions, answers… build up to facts.

She tried her best to spark a chat… Pretentious me… My tongue was wacked… “Yes” or “No”… my one-line tag… What’s up with that? Wake up! You slack. You dream awake in thoughts all day… now here’s your play… face it and crave. Might be that one last chance you’ve got… To make or break… Give it a thought.

Thanks for the push… I’ll make my move… Go now, don’t wait… Your time to snooze. Two lovers, cool… but three? A crowd. Turns out, you are the crowd… No doubt. A burn, a yearn to speak, I sense, so much to let out… With finesse. Looked up, eyes meet… a smile… Consent… “Let’s take a walk”… She said… Ah… yes!!!

But wait, Mad Paul… He’s got the keys. He locked us in and went to sleep. Just when I heaved to scream for him… Door opens up… She had the keys! She took my hands, I felt her Touch. So warm sends chills right through my pulp. With starry eyes, her lips so lush… Save me, save me… before I blush.

She gazed right through my heart and soul… could feel her probe my inner dome. Shattered, she knew… my crush and love… gave me a hug… “Let’s go… don’t talk". A long and silent walk ensues… to points unknown… just roam and moan. Romantic night, star studded skies…at last… a slab… we sat to chat.

I see you’re shy… you don’t talk much”… that much she knew… so much for words. She flips a pen, scribbling commence. In turn we put our thoughts to test. That’s where we laid it all to bare… our crush, our dreams… Unite… Confess. Her last few lines “I love you so…” She cracks… In tears… Love stole the show.
... Personal Inspiration and Motivational Poetry Collection
On to the next episode: "The First Kiss"

Epilogue:
Fifth in the series... … ”A poet’s poetic sojourn” which started withThe Retro Journey Begins”. "Confessions" showcases an ingenious means of communication... especially for the shy folks. It's been in practice for ages but came to the rescue in the line of fire. The journey continues... watch out for more!

No comments: